Monday, June 6, 2011

Being glory vs. Giving glory

What if true salvation is realizing that I am the glory of God?  Isn't that what Paul is hinting at in Romans: "...for all have sinned and fall short of the glory of God"?  Or in other words: Everyone has missed the mark (to sin) on what it means to be truly human, everyone is lacking the glory of God.  It seems our predicament is/was not our inability to give God glory, but our inability to relax and 'just' be God's glory.
What if all my attempts to give God the glory (through singing worship songs and serving him and stuff) are actually keeping me away from this deep unity/oneness the Father desires with his child?  
What if God doesn't want/need me to give him the glory?  What if he just longs for the day in which I realize that I am his glory?
And what if that is not pride, but true humility?

No comments:

Post a Comment